Sharp Aquos

For all your random waffle

Moderators: Seahorse, SG Admins

mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Sharp Aquos

Post by mid_gen »

Anyone tried or know anyone who has tried one of these TVs? Or any other LCD TV for that matter.

I'm selling the old Sony Wega 28" beast...want something a bit more portable to to truck up to uni. I was looking at this puppy :

http://www.sharp.co.uk/aquos_tv/range/p ... t.asp?id=1

As much as I'd like the 30" model...it's a 4-figure price difference =/ The 22" is quite sensibly priced tho imo.

Anyone?
LazyManc
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by LazyManc »

How much is sensibly priced?? And for something you move perhaps 2 times a year at most is it really worth it?

And besides, if you go down to 22" from 28" it's going to look like a postage stamp.
rapid
pe0n
pe0n

Post by rapid »

as long as its in the lounge i dont mind :D
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

I checked out the 22" Panasonic in town today, it's an excellent size. Remember the 22" is a TRUE 22", not the 19-20" visible you get on CRTs.

I went into the new AV place at the top of town and arranged a demo of the Sharp and Panasonic 22" sets, I'll see which I like best.

The picture quality is fantastic on the Panasonic, much better than any plasma sets I've seen. In fact, Panasonic displays in general are very good these days. We've got 32" and 36" Panny CRTs at work, and they're all lurverly, especially the 36" in prog scan.

22" is a real nice size...go find one ina shop and check it out, it's not as small as you'd think (and it takes VGA input :D)
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

LazyManc wrote:How much is sensibly priced?? And for something you move perhaps 2 times a year at most is it really worth it?

And besides, if you go down to 22" from 28" it's going to look like a postage stamp.
You are obviously missing the "uber-l33tness" of any kind of flat panel display :) Firstly it makes moving it much easier, secondly it looks badass, third the picture is fantastic, fourth...urmm, it looks badass...

Tbh I'm thinking we should ditch the sky digital and just use my freeview box, there's bugger all I watch on sky that isn't on freeview, I'm happy with all the beeb channels.
Heretic
pe0n
pe0n

Post by Heretic »

Hello All!

Mid-Gen has just come in to my shop, and he like the Sharp...ask him about it...!! :-)
I sell them, we sell alot of them. They're a Fantastic screen, for T.V. DVD's, and your PC Monitors! ;-)

If your kind to me, i can sort you out with a deal, but you'll have to try and come in to see me, and the screen. if not, then by all means, call me on 01256 324 311.

Ask for Ian.

Speak soon!

(Prices have jus come down, quite a bit!!!)[/code]
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

mmmmmmm I like..but the 30" takes VGA input....what to doooo........
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

Hmm, the g/f has given me permission to get the 30"....(she has the bank card see;))

I could do with a good look at the 30" sometime....gotta move some money first.

The removable speakers, thinner panel, VGA-in, extra SCARTS, component video and bigger screen have swung it.

toot toot
Kulgan
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by Kulgan »

*makes a note to travel to Hull sometime and "borrow" said TV*

K
LazyManc
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by LazyManc »

You are obviously missing the "uber-l33tness" of any kind of flat panel display Firstly it makes moving it much easier, secondly it looks badass, third the picture is fantastic, fourth...urmm, it looks badass...

Tbh I'm thinking we should ditch the sky digital and just use my freeview box, there's bugger all I watch on sky that isn't on freeview, I'm happy with all the beeb channels.
Fair enough, it's your money, just trying to point out that you dont actually move that often and you've only got 3 terms left. A 30" LCD is still too big to carry on the train so if you've got to use a car what difference does it make whether its 5 kilos or 30 kilos? Plus, easier to carry = easier for some Hull robbing cnut to walk off with it.

I'm not complaining if it's in the lounge obviously, I'll fully support your purchase :)
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

Not sure about the lounge yet....all depends on insurance. I've not got a quote less than £300 yet....
LazyManc
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by LazyManc »

we could probably get a household insurance that'll be a lot less than the total of 5 individual ones, just need to work out if thats viable if were all on seperate tennancy agreements.
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

Well it definitely needs to be looked into. I'm really not going to have any of my stuff insured next year.
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

WHERE'S MY TV? :?
garlando
Bitchin'-pe0n
Bitchin'-pe0n

Post by garlando »

told u i'd intercept it >:D
If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his life.