For all your random waffle

Moderators: Seahorse, SG Admins

mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Breed

Post by mid_gen »

Anyone else played this?

I've been keeping an eye on it since it was featured in Edge ages ago, just played through the SP demo...tis class tbh.

'Tis very much like a futuristic BF1942, but with a nicer feeling engine. Single player is a lot more fun as you can control any member of your squad, each with different weapons. Lots of tanks/fliers/gun emplacements/artillery and gubbin you can control.

Let's hope the MP demo is out in time for SG 16 :D
Chief
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by Chief »

Aye. tis good. not as good as halo which i think its trying to mimic..
LazyManc
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by LazyManc »

Gave it a bash but to me it looks like an ugly Halo / Tribes rip off with some very basic squad tactics bolted on. The engine seems competent but nothing special, and the voice acting is truely cringeworthy. Possible MP value but with Halo out on PC this year I really cant see a place for it.
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

It's not fair to judge it that harshly yet...it's still beta.

In the final release you'll be able to pilot all the vehicles, including the dropships, which is class.

The engine is a lot nicer than Planetside, not just visually but the actual gameplay feels better. You aim at someone's head and pull the trigger, they die...always nice :P

I like the simple squad mechanics. Let's face it, who ever fannied about in R6's planinng section? I like just having a squad follow me around and being able to switch between em...works nice.

I reckon the mp demo is going to impress...though saying that....everything is looking to pale into insignificance after Half-Life 2 =/