More X Box goodness..

For all your random waffle

Moderators: Seahorse, SG Admins

mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

More X Box goodness..

Post by mid_gen »

Info about a future Xbox Live update from Reuters...
The upcoming upgrade will have a new feature tentatively dubbed "Xbox Music Mixer." It allows users to pull the music files off their computers and onto the Xbox's 8-gigabyte hard drive, then use the Xbox as a media center with on-screen displays and auto-identification of songs, sources said.

With the new upgrade, Xbox users would also be able to transfer properly encoded video from their personal computers to the Xbox and view that video on a television screen.
X Box media player without a modchip....but will it play DiVX? Time will tell...[/url]
shrek
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by shrek »

Hmm I dunno if it will play divx, prolly just play mpeg and wmv. Also I notice on that page on Reuters is that another upgrade to xbox live will allow you chat to your friends on your list without needing to be playing a game. Dunno what use that will be tho as isnt that what MSM, irc etc is for? Talking to your friends when you are not playing a game
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

I think it's mainly so that people can meet up in a lobby and chat while deciding what game to play.