Nintendo get 0wned by the EU for price fixing

For all your random waffle

Moderators: Seahorse, SG Admins

LazyManc
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by LazyManc »

Splinter Cell will dump on MGS2 from a great height gameplay wise, just remains to be seen if the story will be much cop.
eclipse
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by eclipse »

I think it still coming out on PC
it is:> i saw the trailer
WAHOOO!!!!

*ahem*

I love games of Japanese origin.
/me hugs Kojima-san for making a good game.
/me hugs konami for being one of his favourite game making company developer type thingus people. are they a publisher or developers!? or both!?!?
Spey
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n
Location: behind you.... Harder than: Michael Dorn in heat baby!!

Post by Spey »

Splinter Cell will dump on MGS2 from a great height gameplay wise, just remains to be seen if the story will be much cop.
trust me...if mgs2 is anything to go by then hideo kojima is our lord and saviour of the gaming plotline

dear lord it was more movie than game

and also

(in most cases..although im sure there are exceptions)

fighting racing and 3rd person shootemups are the domain of the console

strategy sim and fps are the domain of the pc

halo is amazing, and "those little buttons" actually work bloody well, far exceeding my expectations (i was a sceptic i tell ye)

and err...solid snake is the man mmkay...hence my replica snake beard atm

rah
narcissism, my only pleasure in life.
shrek
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by shrek »

My mate who works in a game shop said to me last week that hideo kojima has said that if he had the license for Splinter Cell he would call it Metal Gear Solid 3 as he thinks it that good, high praise indeed.
biggles

Post by biggles »

i doubt that that they will enhance the graphics for the x-box:< from what ive iseen of multi platform games, they make it for one thing, then convert the codebase, although the x-box is pretty similar to pc, right?
LazyManc
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by LazyManc »

It depends on the developer, usually they'll create textures and what have you in higher detail than they need for the actual game, and then downsize a certain amount for each format. Some developers actually go the extra mile to use some of the advanced effects xbox supports in hardware that the PS2 just doesn't have, but not very often.

Anyways, check out colin mcrae, rocky and turok which all look slightly better on the box for examples of what I mean.
biggles

Post by biggles »

yeah but there same out on the x-box first i beleev.