For all your random waffle

Moderators: Seahorse, SG Admins

mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

As if you needed another reason....

Post by mid_gen »

To buy an X Box and chip it...

In the last two days both Playstation and N64 emulators have been released. They are both in the pretty early stages, but are looking good (wipeout and gran turismo run, albeit with a few bugs atm).

It is basically, the ultimate all-in-one entertainment machine :)

DVD, MP3, DivX, SVCD, VCD, NES, SNES, Master System, Genesis, Playstation, N64, MAME, GBA....:D

rah etc..
ZiK
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by ZiK »

i seem to remember another device to do something along those lines.... oh yeah! its called a PC! ;)
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

Crucial differences...xbox costs about 1/10th the price of a good pc, and also conveniently sits next to a big widescreen TV and a surround receiver ;p

No-one will ever convince me that huddling around a desk with some usb joypads is as good as a good old-fashioned console bashing in front of a tv with a few beers :)
garlando
Bitchin'-pe0n
Bitchin'-pe0n

Post by garlando »

here here :)

Having recently bought and chipped an xbox myself i must agree with mid. (even though trying to run linux off a tv is less than fun)
If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
rib?
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by rib? »

so then, quote me out exactly what it will take for jo public to shell out for one of these boxes and where he will need to go.

There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't
-------------------------------------------------
|It's prostitution jim but not as we know it.|
ZiK
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by ZiK »

10 indeed :) ... weee i understand binary ^_^ I R L33T

I am considering an XBOX, but not RIGHT now, i just bought a gamecube, and its quite sufficient right now, Zelda teh rox0r
eclipse
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by eclipse »

this sort of thing makes the XBox a really attractive console to get, the things you can do with it are just so much more than the other consoles right now. (mmm binary, I can understand it, whether I always get it right or not is another matter ;)
Chief
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by Chief »

they are only £119? £129 now aswell. i may get one (or two) for all times sake..
shrek
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by shrek »

there are 129 now for a black one with one pad or 149 for a limited edition clear green one with two pads.
PeteTheHair
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by PeteTheHair »

The green ones just look sucky though...

Will be sorting out own house soon, and XBox will be near the top of purchase list, since with the addition of a modchip, it becomes a lounge form-factor PC... Then I've just gotta cable the place with cat5 :)
Pete
"If at first you don't succeed, call it Version 1"
shrek
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by shrek »

The green ones just look sucky though...
Have u seen one in the flesh pete? Or have u just seen the pictures? Because in the flesh they look lovely hence the reason I brought one last week. :)
PeteTheHair
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by PeteTheHair »

I saw one at the local Dixons, and I have to be honest, I just thought it looked a bit cheap... Still, each to their own, eh? :)
Pete
"If at first you don't succeed, call it Version 1"
rib?
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by rib? »

PeteTheHair wrote:The green ones just look sucky though...

Will be sorting out own house soon, and XBox will be near the top of purchase list

famous last words.. you'll be ankle high in paint and bills b4 u know it.. then everytime u pass dixons you'll be thinking "pipedream" :)

take it from one that knows :) (although i have the addition of a female moneygrabber type thing and a penchant to drink)
BoredAtWork
Bitchin'-pe0n
Bitchin'-pe0n

Post by BoredAtWork »

Will be sorting out own house soon, and XBox will be near the top of purchase list, since with the addition of a modchip, it becomes a lounge form-factor PC... Then I've just gotta cable the place with cat5
Ha, me and Jamie will have 2x PS2, 1x xbox, 1x Gamecube, 2x Networked PC's and 0x life.

Oh well just need to sort out Sky & Broadband then will never need to see the light of day again!

Must admit mate I was surprised that you would want an xbox as I can't see the OAP's you'll be living next to would want to play!?
rib?
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by rib? »

Must admit mate I was surprised that you would want an xbox as I can't see the OAP's you'll be living next to would want to play!?
if they did they'll probably beat him :)

Rob.