New (sorta) game to try at the next SG

For all your random waffle

Moderators: Seahorse, SG Admins

Spey
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n
Location: behind you.... Harder than: Michael Dorn in heat baby!!

New (sorta) game to try at the next SG

Post by Spey »

ok now before you all groan and throw another dart into the speyboard, the game is admittedly opflash (i know you love it really like i do)

but this time with a twist, its called opflash CTI

CTI stands for conquer the island, and you basically do exactly that.

take 2 teams of up to 9 players each, all commanders of there own squads (which you dont start with but can train along the way and replace)

one of these players is the overall team commander and has access to certain functions

one of these functions is (dramatic pause) building bases in real time (awaits sounds of omgawd) which brings the whole game into a sort of 3d eye view RTS feel.

the basic concept which is pretty much as it says on the tin is to conquer the island by capturing and defending each of the Towns on the game map (i think only Everon works at this time) each team can have a limit of 20 vehicles (so long as you can afford them: towns = income, garrisonned towns = more money) and as many static defenses as they can build (manned of course by there own AI team members natch) there is a respawn programmed in so when you die you automatically appear back at base or the nearest medical tent...and the overall game is generally quite fun (advanced time frames make for cool, day sliding into night type scenarios where black ops roam free and dance with elderberries)

very fun game indeed considering that due to the longevity of the game you will often need supply convoys and all sorts of transporting to keep it going

blech anyway its worth a try we did it at a small lan 4 vs AI and that was fun enough, even tho the ai werent building defenses in every town

so yatta if your interested
narcissism, my only pleasure in life.
rib?
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by rib? »

big fan of opflash, is it a mod/bolt on? aside from going to google can you supply the site addy so i can grab the download, as much as i love battlefield i damn well miss the dump your pants one shot one kill system that flashpoint has..
-------------------------------------------------
|It's prostitution jim but not as we know it.|
-------------------------------------------------
dogmeat
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by dogmeat »

rib? wrote:big fan of opflash, is it a mod/bolt on?
And will I have to go through the absurd Opflash patching system again? Or is there a decent upgrade patch now?
^Nightmare^
pe0n
pe0n

Post by ^Nightmare^ »

sounds good.im up for it. :)
shrek
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by shrek »

Never been a fan of opflash really, but this mod sounds really cool and shall have to give it a go. Could you chuck us the web addy this way so I can download it Spey.
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

shrek
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by shrek »

Hey i did a google search but only 2 results came up and none had what I was looking for.
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

You see, you could have clicked the first link on Google, and then scrolled down to find the link to the CTI official site. Who knows, maybe you could have used the 'find' function :P
eclipse
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by eclipse »

looks like a good mod that demands organisation, which I always wanted from Op Flash multiplayer, but never got. as long as I can fly a helicopter around though I'm happy.

/me makes chopper sounds and runs around the room
Spey
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n
Location: behind you.... Harder than: Michael Dorn in heat baby!!

Post by Spey »

yer sorry didnt have an url to hand when i posted the topic, should have googled it before hand really :(

and err as for patching, so long as we have a copy of resistance i think thats all we need, as i dont remember needing to patch it last lan we had from a fresh install
narcissism, my only pleasure in life.