Marvellous!

Post by Ze_Baron »

Ze Baron
"I love it when a LAN comes together!"
Chief
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by Chief »

lol, anything can be damaged if handled by a n00b or a stupid consumer. im sure if people had custom built Intel systems as much as they had AMD systems then both would have problems with missuse.
yes, amd dosnt have the silvery thing that goes ontop of the core thing that intel has... but hey, i dont care !

If its handled properly, nothing bad will happen.
Im sure if someone threw a P4 chip out of a window onto concrete it wouldnt work after that.. right? (ok.. bad example) Or if you bent & snapped the pins out of place - its fuced.. Does the intel warrenty cover people bending/snapping the pins, even by accident? (not as if they would do it on purpose..)
Chief
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by Chief »

so baron. how much with the new Itainum 2's cost? / When will they be available to the consumer?

& what OS's will run on them?

ps: defend this:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=7852

lol usual intel tactic.
Ze_Baron
Bitchin'-pe0n
Bitchin'-pe0n

Post by Ze_Baron »

Ha!

The Taiwanese want Banias to be sold at $100 a piece according to THG News.

Well that is just silly, it is plenty cheap enough thank you. it is a premium product that has had a had a premium amount of R&D spend. It is very special, it is the worlds first mobile technology that was created from the ground up with the express intention of being high performance and low power. You can't keep innovating if you are skint cos you gave the product away at the end of it eh?

When Centrino launches and u guys see the benchmarks, not just performance but power consumption too, you will be AMAZED. I am still dry cleaning my trousers... And until now, I have never been a firm laptop believer.

Centrino will end up in the consumer space, but at the moment the comsumer has plenty of other choices, so he is not left out. P3M, P4M and desktop P4's and Celerons available too.

:-) Eat that Chiefeh and choke on your love of small hot green things. :-) (I am talking about Jalepeno peppers of course!)
Ze Baron
"I love it when a LAN comes together!"
Chief
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by Chief »

heh,
at the end of the day, there is no point having a kick ass bad ass mofo of a CPU (EG: Pentium Uberness 10Ghz or Athlon 1600+) if the rest of your systems sucks arses. I sometimes have great difficutly explaing to people that when they buy their £700 computer from wherever, they really need to opt for the DDR/RDRAM and the 7200RPM hard disk (and better graphics if thats the case). Yes yes, thats an extra £200.. but it will make your computer faster and make it feel like i will last an extra two or three years.

I only managed to get my boss to get 10 new celery 1.7ghz systems at work with DDR ram because it would be a noticeable performance booster.. he didnt opt for the hard disks (tight git, wouldnt spend the extra £100) Next batch of 90 odd will have faster hard disks etc.

btw: the only thing that stopped me bying the cheaper (£50 cheaper) Duron systems was that the case was crap and bulky. but in doing so i could have replaced another room with new comptuers (and im talking updating them from Cyrix M2 - 200Mhz shite...

just thank Aopen they make stunning MicroATX desktop cases.... or i would go 100% AMD at my work :)
Last edited by Chief on Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chief
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by Chief »

oh, if you can (or know of a place that can) beat £309 Ex VAT for the following let me know

Your Selected PC Specification Was:
· Desktop Case [ http://www.aopen.com/products/housing/ph300a.htm ]
· Intel Celeron 1.7GHz Processor
· 256MB DDR2100 RAM
· 40GB ATA 133 7200 rpm Hard Disk Drive
· 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive
· On Board Intel Pro 100 Network Card
· On Board Intel Extreme Graphics [ Never realised onboard graphics would suck at 1600x1200 @ 85Hz ]
· On Board Sound Card
· Standard PS2 Keyboard & Mouse
· No Operating System

Total Cost = £309.00 + VAT
rib?
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by rib? »

gah! i've been using and buying sff's since the days of the compaq brick 300's bloody things, your still getting what you pay for.. great for champ man, shite for battlefield..
-------------------------------------------------
|It's prostitution jim but not as we know it.|
-------------------------------------------------