A couple of albums

By request....a forum for discussing your favourite/most hated music :)

Moderator: SG Admins

Seahorse
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

A couple of albums

Post by Seahorse »

I was impressed with this album, got it on the strength of the 'She will be loved' track which got a lot of airplay in Iraq. Maroon 5's 'Songs about Jane'one of those summery albums ideal for BBQs.

Keane's 'Hope's & Fears' are rather good too. I actually had listened to them for a while thinking the were new stuff from Travis! In my defence, they were a supporting act on their last tour!

Other than that, some Starsailor, masses of Neil Young and a sprinkling of those Indie guitar band tunes which I always have a soft spot for:

Gameface - The Pirate Song
Blink 182 - I Miss You
The Killers - Mr Brightside
Electric 6 - Gay Bar
Ordinary Boys - Talk, Talk, Talk

All of which got plenty of airplay on BFBS in the Middle East.

Sadly, my daughters have just reached the age where Now 58 (yes, I do remember 'Now that's what I call music' when it was released, and wasn't followed by a number) is a must have purchase... :cry:
"And regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"

Rgds
Mike
Dead-Fish, Deep Sea Daddies...

My DVDs
rib?
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by rib? »

the 2 non-drummers in blink have another band called BoxCarRacer who are more underground-emo-y type, completly different to most blink stuff and from what i understand a different outlet for they're songwriting (of which they are prolific i think) im not a fan of blink but im a secret fan of BoxCarRacer (a song called elivator is a fave) the song that you mentioned i think is pretty much like the BoxCarRacer stuff.

regarding keane.. yes they're good.. but they're not Elbow. :D
-------------------------------------------------
|It's prostitution jim but not as we know it.|
LazyManc
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by LazyManc »

Sorry, not a personal attack, but this has to be said...

Keane are a bunch of bed-wetting, trainspotting, dullards who wouldn't know a tune if they'd sucked it from Chris Martin's lactating man breasts. They don't even have a guitarist ffs. It's saturday-morning-tv pop-lite-drivel.

Elbow on the otherhand are talented songsmiths of epic proportions.

And Starsailor?? please, they're almost as wet as Keane. How can you name them in the same breath as great bands like The Killers, Electric Six and The Ordinary Boys? Thats a pretty wide spectrum of tastes.

Some great albums out atm (or out soon):
Hope Of The States - Lost Riots
Razorlight - Up All Night
Kasabian - Kasabian (9th Sept)
The Libertines - The Libertines (30th August)

Give 'em a try from the usual places and if you like 'em buy 'em.
Seahorse
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by Seahorse »

I would argue the toss for Starsailor, though I prefer the 1st album to the new one, as I saw them live at Fleadh in 2001 - other than the Waterboys, they were the only act of note, other than Neil Young who headlined the festival.

It was very wet.

Had an excellent time though as you can see from 'MY' photos (didn't snap Starsailor for some bizarre reason though)...

Mudman & mates were a laugh, especially with the bottle of whiskey they shared.

We were right at the front, though it took 1/2 a day to wriggle that far forward.

Neil Young & Crazy Horse showing why they are rock gods.

Imagine being in your 50s & doing this for a living - it's not like they appear to hate it.

It was just after Father's day - so I paid for the tickets & we went halvers on the (£3 a paper cup) beer. THe Army supplied the waterproofs - Gortex isn't cheap you know :lol:

The Waterboys.
"And regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"

Rgds
Mike
Dead-Fish, Deep Sea Daddies...

My DVDs
rib?
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by rib? »

LazyManc wrote:Sorry, not a personal attack, but this has to be said...

Keane are a bunch of bed-wetting, trainspotting, dullards who wouldn't know a tune if they'd sucked it from Chris Martin's lactating man breasts. They don't even have a guitarist ffs. It's saturday-morning-tv pop-lite-drivel.

Elbow on the otherhand are talented songsmiths of epic proportions.

And Starsailor?? please, they're almost as wet as Keane. How can you name them in the same breath as great bands like The Killers, Electric Six and The Ordinary Boys? Thats a pretty wide spectrum of tastes.

Some great albums out atm (or out soon):
Hope Of The States - Lost Riots
Razorlight - Up All Night
Kasabian - Kasabian (9th Sept)
The Libertines - The Libertines (30th August)

Give 'em a try from the usual places and if you like 'em buy 'em.
they could well be a load of wet wanks but im happy to see them astride the chart to give my ears a rest from the other pap thats on the charts and also to give kids that come out of studentville and "normal" life in general hope over those that have come out of stageschools and mr cowells underpants.
|It's prostitution jim but not as we know it.|