Age of Mythology:

Write your reviews here, hardware, software, anything goes!

Moderator: SG Admins

Kin
pe0n
pe0n

Age of Mythology:

Post by Kin »

I have been playing this for about a week now and I have to say..... I am really quite dissapointed. After the legacy of the excellent Age of Empires which I got hopelessly addicted to I have found this new effort somewhat lacking.

The worst part is that I cant really pin it down to one part. The 3d graphics are cool looking, there are some neat effect, the spells are excellent, the myth units are a nice touch, the hero's are cool (especially anyone with the butt attack when they can send a horse and rider flying out of the fight), but for all of this I am having real trouble sticking with it.... I found myself playing Zangband again the other night and listening to music instead....

The story is cool but has anyone else found that there just doesn't seem to be as much to keep you going? One of the biggest things of the earlier games was the sometimes irritating but necessary approach of slowly giving you access to new units. Now you get them all pretty much from the start and just gain new Myth units as you go up levels.

Ultimately, you need to be a real strategy fan to like this and there is something here. I just hope there are loads of levels to keep this a challenge cos so far it isnt offering very much.
CHEESE!