just a thought, but you want thoughts right?

Post your comments on the website, forums, and the LANparty here

Moderator: SG Admins

ZiK
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by ZiK »

but i used a smiley this time? doesn't that mean i am joking? :)
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

Smilies can only go so far. I'm getting really tired of every thread turning into a slagging match between zik/eclipse and biggles. TBH you two are just as guilty of aggravating matters as biggles. So just stop it. Please.
ZiK
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by ZiK »

sorry mid_gen :oops:
biggles

Post by biggles »

THAT IS NOT TRUE!!!!!!!

worms worked fine.
ZiK
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by ZiK »

but that game is as old as the pc you had ;)
eclipse
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

ouchy ;)

Post by eclipse »

time to employ my secret tactic that I forgot existed.

/me presses the ignore-dumb-things-biggles-says button

seriously, I aint gonna bitch about him anymore.
biggles

Post by biggles »

not true. that pc is far older!

they made millions of them for offices, when i was on my work experience this poor guy was still using one while everyone else in the office had a nice new compaq thingy, where you have you share the cd drive and had one cd drive per office, poor people.

ho hum better than what he had!
eclipse
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by eclipse »

first lan party I went to I didn't even have a graphics card capable of running OpenGL or D3D, I played Counter-Strike pretty much all event in software mode, and met Kulgan after he saw me play a bit of Homeworld Cataclysm that I leeched. good memories.
biggles

Post by biggles »

i dont know what opengl is, so i assume this card has it *pokes card*, apart from worms i never played any lan games and still managed to have a guud time:>
shrek
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by shrek »

biggles wrote:i dont know what opengl is, so i assume this card has it *pokes card*, apart from worms i never played any lan games and still managed to have a guud time:>
Open GL is a graphics API used by graphics cards as a alternative to Direct 3D.
eclipse
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by eclipse »

and D3D is Direct3d which I think has something to do with DirectX and Microsoft wanting to make sure we use THEIR standard...again.

I'm not saying it's a bad standard though.
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

DirectX rocks! High-performance gaming on Windows simply wouldn't be possible without it. MS released DirectX so YOU could play decent games on your Windows PC. Spare us the conspiracy rubbish.
eclipse
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by eclipse »

not conspiracy shit.
obvious monopolisation when viewed from the bigger perpective.
I would never believe you if you tried to tell me Microsoft aren't trying to monopolise the market completely. I've seen too much evidence against them, and nothing to say that these things aren't monopolisation.
biggles

Post by biggles »

and D3D is Direct3d which I think has something to do with DirectX and Microsoft wanting to make sure we use THEIR standard...again.

I'm not saying it's a bad standard though.
he just stated that microsoft make EVERYTHING, and that we have to use it, he said it was a good standard, just that the market is really closed and microsoft are makre trillions when it would be better for the economy to have more companies, spreading the wealth, jeez.
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

THEY ARE A FRIGGIN BUSINESS! BUSINESSES EXIST TO MAKE PROFIT! MARKET SHARE = PROFIT! (kinda sweeping comment there, but still)

*every* single one of your beloved Japanese developers is ultimately trying to create a monopoly.

Why do people act like being successful is some kind of crime? I wouldn't use Microsoft products if there was something better out there, but there isn't (not for my needs anyway).
biggles

Post by biggles »

microsoft do make the best:<

basterds.
eclipse
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by eclipse »

correct me if I'm wrong, but do you read The Register mid?
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

I do indeedy eclipse.

Your point?
LazyManc
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by LazyManc »

eclipse, the whole purpose of any company is to achieve a bigger market share in their respective markets and hence increase profits. Micro$oft just happen to be incredibly good at it. You can't blame them for wanting to get rich, and if it wasn't for Windows then PC's really wouldn't be very handy for gaming at all. I'm not defending everything they do, but the image they have as some tyranical empire led by the dark sithlord gates just isn't true.

DirectX is an extremely useful tool for game developers which helps shorten production times. It doesnt require a licence and it's a much more sophisticated implementation than openGL.
eclipse
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by eclipse »

the point...I shall not share,
since you get a bit defensive when I talk about Microsoft it's time for me to be quiet.